My idea of fun is gathering a copy of a Pottery Barn catalog, a stack of sticky notes, and a pen, and then sitting in a sunny spot to rip pages out of the magazine and make notes about how to create look-alikes for cheap. This linen board caught my eye.
Hmmm. Mental notes: Natural elements and textures plus a two or three colors that are similar to each other. The challenge begins. Here is my finished wall art, followed by the breakdown of the elements used and step-by-step pictures of the project.
What do you think of the adaptation?
Supplies and materials used to make the boards:
1. Free prints from Shutterfly.com. The quote was designed using Photoshop Elements 4.0. www.shutterfly.com
2. 12×12 scrapbooking paper left over from my wedding (Target)
3. Square from salvaged quilt
4. Free 8×10 from Hotprints. Get a free 16-page photo booklet a month from them—even the shipping is free! www.hotprints.com
5. Gold spoon picked up at Goodwill
6. Title pages from a book of quotes picked from a library sale
7. Piece of birch bark
8. Foam board found in trash left out by the roadside
9. Raffia from a 75% off after-Christmas sale (Target)
10. Natural texture placemats (Publix)